George L. Frisbie started "Frisbie Construction" in 1949, shortly after World War II. His tools and equipment consisted of a wheelbarrow and a set of carpenter's hand tools.
In 1954, Frisbie Construction Company built a concrete slip form elevator for some friends in Gypsum, Kansas. Since that time, we have built exclusively for the grain trade. (Incidentally, the first concrete elevator is still standing!)
In 1955, Frisbie Construction Company was incorporated.
In January, 1992, George L. Frisbie retired from active business.
Michael A. Frisbie, son of George, assumed the position of President and Chairman of the Board.
Frisbie Construction Co., Inc., has:
1. Successfully negotiated over 90% of its work with previous customers.
2. Developed our own superintendents. The average tenure of our superintendents is over 20 years. They are assigned to projects that they are qualified to build. Each project is checked each week by a supervisor who gives advice and instructions as needed.
3. Also developed our four sales engineers. All four have been crew superintendents.
4. Been very aware of the need to develop people that have the ability and desire to continue the management practices that have made Frisbie Construction Co., Inc. successful. This is accomplished by careful selection and training of employees. While they work in their specialized field, they are encouraged to develop their leadership capabilities and understand the management practices that will provide continuity to Frisbie Construction Co., Inc. in the future.
5. We provide all risk Builder's Risk Insurance in the amount of the contract, plus all of the required Worker's Compensation Insurance, as well as amounts far above the requirements of Comprehensive General Liability Insurance.
Frisbie Construction Co., Inc. is a service organization dedicated to giving the buyer the best in planning, the best in quality, the best of workmanship and, overall, the best value for your dollar. Our volume mix is approximately 25% repair and remodel and 75% new construction. We have emergency crews available as needed. No job is too big or too small!
We appreciate this opportunity to introduce ourselves to you. We hope this data will give you an idea of our experience and expertise. We would enjoy an opportunity to prove our abilities to you.
Michael A. Frisbie, President